Whether we admit it or not, the Thanksgiving start of holiday season is a thing of the past. Hallmark has already launched its “Countdown to Christmas;” Miami mailboxes are filling with gift catalogs; store windows are only weeks away from being transformed into snow-sprayed winter wonderlands.
There are a couple of advantages to buying during the holiday season. Money Tips counts five key reasons why “reasons to buy a home during the holidays.” In short, they are:
1. Less Market Activity: Less activity means fewer competing buyers.
2. Motivated Sellers: Those who have not sold during the peak season are more likely to welcome offers.
3. Potential Tax Advantages: Home buyers who close before the end of the year could receive a tax write off or be eligible for tax credits, such as deductions for home mortgage interest, real estate taxes, and PMI premiums.
4. Better Interest Rates: Historically, interest rates tend to be lower during the holidays—probably because mortgage companies need to pep up sleepy demand.
5. Faster Closings: Although lenders, brokers, and inspectors may be thinking it’s time to take a vacation, when business does appear, they clear the decks and move!
My focused dedication as a realtor in my home town of Miami for over 25 years, consistently puts me at the top of my field. Whether you’re looking to buy or sell your home, let me help you from start to finish with my results-proven: professional marketing, excellent property exposure and comprehensive experience.
Consistently in the top 10 company-wide at EWM for the past 15 years, my focus is on Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Pinecrest and South Miami — specializing in luxury real estate and waterfront properties. Call me today and let’s get started!